The position pays $1200 per month for a M.A. student or $1500 per month for a Ph.D. student accepted into candidacy.
Interested applicants should apply to Leah.Windsor@memphis.edu with a copy of their resume. Applicants not currently enrolled in a graduate program at The University of Memphis may enroll in a 1-year graduate Cognitive Science certificate.
- Intermediate level programming ability in a high level language such as Python or Java
- Word processing and presentation generation (Pages, Word, Powerpoint, LaTeX, Beamer...)
- Data analysis skills such as data processing and cleaning, hypothesis testing, etc. with Excel, R, Stata, or similar software
- Demonstrated organizational skills/project management
- Ability to manage multiple project needs/deadlines and shepherd projects through to completion/publication
- Willingness to work in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment that spans cognitive science, psychology, mathematics, linguistics, and political science.
- Familiarity with data science techniques such as feature selection, model building, visualization, etc.